The mission of St. Martin Catholic School is to teach a life of Prayer, Leadership, Love, Service and Kindness through Catholic Education.
God Love Ya T-shirt Fundraiser Update
We are planning to kick off Catholic Schools Week by wearing God Love Ya t-shirts to Friday morning mass on January 25. Send your disciple to school in their God Love Ya t-shirt and come if you can with your t-shirt on too. With this fundraiser we will use a picture of everyone in church wearing their shirt as an entry for the United States under the Country category. So Lindenbusch Accounting & Tax Service, Inc. will donate $50 for the United States photo entry and $2 for each person in the photo wearing the God Love Ya t-shirt. Therefore our Catholic School Education Foundation will gain a lot more money with this single photo. This will be added to all other photos submitting since May, 2018.
Catholic Schools Week Events
- Saturday, January 26th
- We will kick off Catholic Schools Week by leading the 5:30 p.m. Mass. Mrs. Joy Bax will be leading a “Disciple Choir” at this Mass. Please come and be a part of the choir!!
- Our fifth annual “Alumni of the Year” and “Parishioner of the Year” will be recognized at this Mass.
- Following Mass, disciples and their families are invited to a fun night at the Knowles YMCA (sponsored by the Home and School Association) from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Please bring a snack/drink to share.
- Monday, January 28th
- On Monday, we show appreciation for our disciples.
- Disciples will enjoy learning games. They will watch a movie in the afternoon and get an extra recess! They will enjoy their favorite lunches all week!
- Tuesday, January 29th
- On Tuesday morning, we have tentatively scheduled the Helias Band and Choir to perform for us.
- Readers from Scholastic will be here at 9:00 a.m. to read to disciples.
- Classes will participate in faith-based activities the remainder of the day.
- The Deer Jerky Contest judging will take place at 1:00 p.m. Winners will be announced at the end of the day. If your child signed up for this, please make sure they bring their jerky on Tuesday.
- Wednesday, January 30th
- On Wednesday, we show our love and appreciation to our grandparents.
- All grandparents are invited to Mass at 7:50 a.m. Wednesday morning. Following Mass, grandparents will enjoy a short musical presentation from the disciples and cookies, coffee, and water with their grandchildren. Thank you to HyVee for sponsoring this event.
- Thursday, January 31st
- On Thursday morning, grades K-8 will go to St. Joseph School for a speaker and magician. Field trip forms will be coming home soon. Please wear a St. Martin spirit shirt with regular uniform bottoms for this event.
- PreK disciples will have a morning of fun activities in the GYM!
- At 1:45, the 8th grade will play volleyball against the faculty and staff. If there are any 8th grade parents out there that would like to play volleyball on the faculty and staff team, we would greatly appreciate it!
- Friday, February 1st
- We will have the Talent Show at 9:00 a.m. that morning. All are welcome!
- School will dismiss at 11:30. Lunch is not served and THERE IS NO AFTER SCHOOL CARE.
You can support St. Martin School simply by shopping AmazonSmile. Shop for everyone at https://smile.amazon.com/ch/44-0546357 and Amazon donates to St. Martin School. You can use AmazonSmile all year long and we receive a percentage of your order. Please bookmark the link.
We have created a short "Shout Out" form so disciples, families or anyone else in our community can send us notes of good deeds by our staff or disciples. You can print and fill out this form and send it to the school office. If you'd like to take a picture of the filled out form and email it to email@example.com, you can do that too.
JagWIRE Newsletter - we have implemented a new social media messaging tool called Flocknote. If you would like to receive copies of our weekly newsletter go to https://app.flocknote.com/StMartinCatholicSchool and sign up under the JagWIRE Newsletter group.
Prayer to St. Martin de Tours
St. Martin, helper of those in need, your strength was trust. You gave until you had only your necessities and you shared them. You allowed the Holy Spirit to guide you in this sacrificial giving because you trusted God in you. You trusted that your work was Holy - you lived this trust. We ask your intercession before Jesus that we may have Vision to See, Faith to Believe and the Courage to do. Amen
Our Partners in Education:
Thank you for your continued support of St. Martin Catholic School!
Principal - Eddie Mulholland
Secretary - Andrea Fender
Office Hours - 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
School Hours - 7:40 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.